10am, Saturday September 23 at the Eddy Elementary School gym!
Thank you for your interest in joining the Brewster Bayside Skippers!
Tryouts will be held at 10am on Saturday, September 23 at the Eddy Elementary School gym. All are welcome to attend! While walk-ins will be accepted the day of, we encourage you to sign up ahead of time to help the process run more smoothly. Click HERE here to register today!
Our selection process will be based on each jumper’s ability to perform the tricks outlined in our tryout videos (below). Depending on your jumper’s level of skill and his/her ability to commit to practice time, s/he will be invited to:
1. Join the Competition Team (Grades 3 and up):
* Practices are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-6, and Saturdays from 9-11 am (Saturday
practices are subject to change later this fall due to gym availability.)
* Fall months are spent refining skills, building team community and routines, and preparing for
community demonstrations and shows. (Competition Team jumpers are automatically on the
*Winter and spring months are spent attending regional workshops, preparing individual, pairs, and
group routines, building speed jump roping stamina, and competing!
*July is reserved for jumpers continuing on to compete in the AAU Junior Olympics in Greensboro, NC
FEES: $100/month – covers the cost of competition ropes, shirts, and entry fees.
FUNDRAISING: is an ongoing teamwide effort to help offset the cost of travel for families
2. Join the Demo Team (Grades 2 and up):
* Mandatory Practices are 9-10am on the following Saturdays:
October 7, October 21,
November 4, November 18,
December 2, December 9, December 16, December 30
* Additional practices may be added before demonstrations – these will be encouraged, though not required. You will be given a minimum of 2 weeks notice ahead of newly scheduled practices.
*Demo dates, times, and locations will be relayed asap*
3. Sign Up for the Winter Session of Brewster Rec:
*For those who aren’t quite ready yet in skills or commitment, we encourage you to sign up for the
next Rec session and to keep on jumping!!
Ages 10-11: Successfully completing: 13/15 tricks (from this video and the 9 & under video) qualifies you for the competition team. 11/15 tricks qualifies you for the demo team.
Successfully completing: 16/19 tricks (from this video as well as the videos for 9 & Under, and 10-11 year olds) qualifies you for the competition team. 14/19 tricks qualifies you for the demo team.